Talk here about other sims/race games
pedro van baelen
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 46306

Motorsport manager

by pedro van baelen Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:03 am

a few off us are playing this game

i like it so far, only did like 2.5 races :p the 0.5 race being this tutorial one

i started in the asian pacific super cup and its not going so well only 1 point after the 1st 3 races
in the 3rd race i should have gotten 4th but i messed up the pit strategy zo ended up with 0 point again.

but round four is looking good. bad practice makes good for super Qualify P1 :D

any one found a few tips and tricks for this game?
Georg Gruber
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 55042

Re: Motorsport manager

by Georg Gruber Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:07 am

Drivers are worth quite a bit. I started in the lowest series with the worst team, and in the first season, I got lucky with a bunch of votes, and now everything but the brakes and suspension are spec parts. Invested all my money into a good driver, and I'm leading the championship with over 20 points now :D

During the races it seems like you can gain a lot of positions by staying out a bit longer, and having your drivers push hard after everyone else pitted.
By my deeds I honour him, V8.
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 166265

by Sascha Lamp Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 am

I don't own it yet, but I'll definitely plan to buy it next month or so. Anyway, I don't expect too much because I haven't played a good motorsport manager since F1 Manager Professional.
"When you're racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." (Steve McQueen)
pedro van baelen
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 46306

by pedro van baelen Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:34 am

i started with a team with good drivers because that looked like the way to go and he was belgium :D, they are expensive as hell if you want to sign a new one.
also just got my 1st win and not by any coincidence its at a track dat looks like daytona road.

i need to get 5th place in the end

this is my 1st manger game i ever played :)
Jake Robson
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 164590

by Jake Robson Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:05 pm

I started in the European series with the black and yellow team and it's going OK, I often find reliability is a big problem for me because I have to spend an extra 10-25 seconds in the pits over the course of a race due to something breaking
Georg Gruber
Team Driver

by Georg Gruber Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Jake Robson wrote:I started in the European series with the black and yellow team and it's going OK, I often find reliability is a big problem for me because I have to spend an extra 10-25 seconds in the pits over the course of a race due to something breaking

Telling your drivers not to push as much helps that a bit, and also improving the reliability is basically a must after designing new parts, before using them.
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

by Sascha Lamp Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:22 pm

pedro van baelen wrote:this is my 1st manger game i ever played :)

You haven't missed anything. As said, only the F1 Manager Professional was good, and that was released in the late 90s.
"When you're racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." (Steve McQueen)
Georg Gruber
Team Driver

by Georg Gruber Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:25 pm

There were a few other good ones in the late 90s, early 2000s (Grand Prix Manager, and another one similar to that), but mostly crap in recent years. Even though this one's quite a bit on the casual side, it's still quite fun.
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

by Sascha Lamp Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:36 pm

I also played MSM (https://www.motorsportmanager.de/) a couple of years ago. This is actually quite good, especially because it is MMO and a good strategy is always hard to find, but you have to be online every three days at a certain time to manage your team through a race to be successful in a long term and that's why I quitted because although it was quite good it wasn't good enough to make me change my daily schedule for it.

If it's just on the casual side, but has quite a lot of managing options (building cars, negotiate with sponsors, define complex strategies) it'll be the right one for me.
Return to Other sims