Want to join TFR?
JimD
iRacer

iRacing ID: 34847

Possible member?

by JimD Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 am

I'm interested in joining TFR. I've been a member on iRacing for quite a few years, and am back on after taking a much needed break. I'm currently running the Corvette DP, and occasionally stick my toes in the waters with the 911, although I did just run the Le Mans race in the Ford with some friends, where we placed third in class in our split.

I realize I'm not in the normal recruiting area for this team, but my work schedule gives me odd times off.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/m ... stid=34847
pedro van baelen
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 46306

Re: Possible member?

by pedro van baelen Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

Hi, thx for the interest in our team.
I think almost all of the management is at the real LeMans race. So i this k they'll get back to you next week.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
JimD
iRacer

by JimD Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Thank you for letting me know, I am looking forward to hearing from them!
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 166265

by Sascha Lamp Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi Jim,

first of all, thank you for your application. We all should be back from our trip to Le Mans by now, so we might start to discuss your application anytime soon.

In the mean time, maybe you could answer me some questions, if you like. As we are mostly Europeans, our prime time to do the daily races together is around 19 - 21 GMT. Is it possible for you to jump in every now and then? And how much are you into endurance racing? What are your main goals on iRacing, for the moment and the long term?

And let's not forget our traditional question to every new applicant (I wonder why no one has asked it already:D): what track is better, COTA or the Nordschleife?
"When you're racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." (Steve McQueen)
JimD
iRacer

by JimD Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:13 am

Thanks for asking! My work schedule has me off at different times every day (or not even working, the benefits of being on call), so 19-21 GMT is actually my preferred time normally.

Endurance racing is a lot of fun to me. Races from memory include the first long Petit Le Mans (2012), several Daytona 2.4, the first 24 hour Daytona race (I ran the first stint with the group I was running with at the time, and lapped the field twice before the next person came along and wrecked the car :roll: ), and most recently the Le Mans 24 where the friends I was running with an I placed 3rd in class in our split.

Goals on iRacing - working with a group of people to improve myself and contribute to their overall success on the road side of racing, especially IMSA and the endurance series. I'm just settling back into iRacing after taking a much needed break, and think working with a team is the best way to improve myself.

Finally, I despise CoTA.
Jake Robson
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 164590

by Jake Robson Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 am

JimD wrote: Finally, I despise CoTA.

Hi Jim, we are afraid your application has been rejected :lol:
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

by Sascha Lamp Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Jake Robson wrote:

You know, every team has its clown. Here's ours :D so don't listen to him.
"When you're racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." (Steve McQueen)
David Barraclough
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 143367

by David Barraclough Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Sascha Lamp wrote:
Jake Robson wrote:

You know, every team has its clown. Here's ours :D so don't listen to him.

Yep. Don't listen to Jake, he has a bad case of cotaitis. Repeated attempts to cure have failed, nothing he says regarding the matter can be trusted. :lol:

Great to hear from another non-European interested in our little team! Which cars in particular do you want to race going forwards with iRacing?
JimD
iRacer

by JimD Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:39 pm

At the moment I'm running the Corvette DP, but I love the Ferrari, and to be honest pretty much any of the road cars (other than the Aston, Mercedes, or two Kamel series cars, which I don't own). I also haven't even looked at the current F1 car ever since an ill advised attempt at running the series in the Williams several years ago! :lol: I try to pick just one car and focus on it, as I've found jumping around various cars leads to poor performance in all of them!
David Barraclough
Team Driver

by David Barraclough Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 am

Sounds good! Although.... Aston denied? :? :P
Phil Roberts
Team Driver

iRacing ID: 19444

by Phil Roberts Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:45 pm

David Barraclough wrote:Sounds good! Although.... Aston denied? :? :P

He's allowed to not own cars you know. Ask Jake about owning cota!!
JimD
iRacer

by JimD Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Believe me, I love Astons. The Corvette came out first though, and by the time the Aston came out, I wasn't running the GT1 cars any more.
Sascha Lamp
Team Driver

by Sascha Lamp Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:03 pm

I've sent you details about our communication channels in a PM.
David Barraclough
Team Driver

by David Barraclough Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Just an update - we have a club fun tournament scheduled this Monday evening, it would be great if you are available for you come along, maybe race or jump on teamspeak and see what we are all about. Starts at 1900GMT.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1468

Also, would be useful if you could jump on Teamspeak at some stage, maybe an evening this weekend, so we can have a chat and you can find out what our club atmosphere is like!
David Barraclough
Team Driver

by David Barraclough Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Unfortunate you were unable to make it Monday (although we try to do something together every week that night if you fancy it!)

Are you able to jump on teamspeak at any point over the next few days? We'd like to discuss your application in a bit more detail.
Return to Applications to TFR